This is the first of two emails I received today on Medicaid Expansion . This first is from Ted Stevenot, president of the Clermont TEA Party and president of the Ohio Liberty Coalition. He reports on the results of a recent poll regarding Governor Kasich’s proposal. Read this before the next email message to help better understand what happened in the Ohio House Republican caucus last evening.
A recent poll conducted by Hill Research Consultants (sponsored by Opportunity Ohio and the Liberty Foundation) revealed that,
- 65% of Republican primary voters oppose the Medicaid expansion.
- 60% of Republican primary voters see Medicaid as a flawed program.
- 60% of Ohioans want to give a new person a chance in the state legislature.
- The poll also revealed that 75% of Medicaid participants identify as Democrats.
It has been estimated that Governor Kasich’s proposal to expand Medicaid in our state will add anywhere from 275,000 to 1,000,000 new Medicaid enrollees, mainly younger Ohioans.
So, let’s connect a few dots.
President Obama’s victory margin in Ohio last fall was 166,277 votes. Do you think adding as many as 200,000 to 750,000 more Democrats to the voter rolls in our state will have an impact on future elections? Remember, no Republican has ever won the White House without also winning Ohio. Yet, amazingly, even though agreeing to the expansion may turn Ohio into an irrevocably “blue” state, it is Republicans who are leading the charge.
- An Ohio Liberty Coalition survey this week indicates that 99% of our members oppose the Medicaid expansion.
- Further, 89.5% of OLC members would be willing to support a new representative in Columbus if their current Rep votes to accept the Obamacare money.
- View the complete results of the Hill Research poll – here.
- If you haven’t already taken the OLC Medicaid expansion survey, do so – here.
Contact your State Rep, tell him or her to say “NO” to Obamacare money in Ohio. State Reps’ spring break begins next week. Reps should be home, perhaps you can meet and discuss the issue in person.
Find your Rep at this link: http://www.ohiohouse.gov/
Yours in Liberty,
Clermont Tea Party
“What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775